Candidates are expected to be specialized in technologically and scientifically advanced products that PL has to offer. Using their knowledge acquired through product training and technical skills, the engineer should be able to explain the benefits of our products and services to potential customers and show how our products or services are a perfect fit for their requirements. They must interest the client in buying our products or services, negotiate a price, and complete the sale. To do this, engineer needs give technical presentations during which they explain the technical aspects of the product and how it will solve a specific customer problem. In addition to giving technical presentations and sales, Candidates are also required to aid tasks related to sales, such as market research, competitor analysis, and product development. He/ She also occasionally needs to work with research and development (R&D) departments to help identify and develop new products and explore different avenues where PL products and services can be used.
Sales Engineer Skills:
- Problem-solving approach
- Strong Product knowledge and technical understanding
- Selling to customer needs
- Software requirements
- Product development
- Presentation skills
- General programming skills
- Verbal communication (Multi-lingual)
- Requirements analysis
- Attention to detail
- Self driven
- Account management
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of PL products, access control equipment, and cloud services.
- Handle incoming inquiries through different stages of need analysis by thoroughly understanding the requirement of the client.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers. Create and deliver powerful presentations and demos that communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition.
- Talk with customers to assess the requirement and to determine the solution using different PL services.
- Study RFPs and Prepare technical presentations, submittals, datasheets with extreme precision and attention to detail.
- Help in researching and developing new features/products which can add value to the in-house solution. Effectively communicate client needs to the R&D teams for future product enhancements.
- Periodically research and survey for better understanding of competitor products and offerings. Collect and document competitive intelligence
- Stay knowledgeable about your field's updates in science and research by continuing to read and study new and relevant data.
- Generate reports on various fields (Sales, Leads, market analysis, product scope, etc.) as requested by the line manager.
- Flexible working hours
- Attend all large scale events
Education, Experience, and preferred area of expertise:
- B.E/B-Tech University degree with a concentration in Computer science, Electronics and Telecommunication.
- 3 to 5 years of industry sales experience
- Preferred area of expertise: - Access control (DAC, MAC, RBAC), Cloud solutions & services, SAAS, PAAS.
- Event management experience will be highly considered.
- UAE driving license